Protective Styling : The U-Part wig




What is a protective style: This is a style that requires little manipulation, protects the ends of the hair by keeping them tucked away.


Why do I protective style: I mainly do protective styles to give my hair a break from combs and heat.

What are the types of protective styles: There are loads of protective syles that can be done such as braids/twists, a sew in, wigs, high buns any hair style that keeps the ends of your natural hair protected can be seen as a protective hairstyle.


My favourite protective style was once a weave however after watching a few YouTube videos I realised that there was an alternative called a u-part this is now my favourite protective style. A u-part wig is when you sew weave tracks onto a dome cap instead of you actual hair, you then have a choice of either sewing the wig to your head or securing it using clips, I choose to sew my u part down for added security. I love u parts mainly because I can take it off when I want and wash condition and moisturise my hair underneath and then put the wig back on and leave my hair alone.










0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...