Homemade Shea Butter Mix.



For about 2 weeks I have been in pursuit of the perfect deep conditioner one that was thick but creamy, moisturising and left my hair soft and fluffy and does not cost me an arm and a leg. Some people will probably think I'm asking too much of a product im just going to wash but I don't as I feel deep conditioning is the most important part of my hair regime.
I have searched high and low, read and watched product reviews and I still couldn't make a choice, I then decided to make my own if the ladies on YouTube can do it then so can I loool! It wasn't until I actually got started I kind of thought hmmm can I really do this but I did and here's my recipe (I still need to tweak it)

100% pure Shea butter
4 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
2 teaspoons of JBCO
3 table spoons of grape seed oil
4 tablespoons of coconut oil
And I also used the remainder of my Darcy Botanicals sweet cocoa whip as I decided it was too thick and the price I paid for it meant I could not just throw it away.





  • I started of by whipping the shea butter till it was smooth and all the bits had been removed.
  • I then added the DB moisturising whip and whipped till they were smooth.
  • I added my oils and blended some more to make sure it mixed well.
  • Poured the mix into a container and voila.

If my hair likes this mix I will defiantly be making it again. I found the whole process exciting so fingers cross it gives my hair good results.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...