Wash Day and Relaxer Prep.


I was in two minds as to whether i could be bothered to wash my hair over the weekend but my friend reminded me that I have a goal to achieve and being lazy won’t get me there. In about 2 to 3 weeks’ time I want to relax my hair so I made sure to fit a protein treatment in this week.


(1) I started with a pre poo treatment of Garlic, EVOO and peppermint oil, I heated this on the radiator in an applicator bottle and parted my hair into 4 sections. I put on a shower cap and left it for 30 mins.


(2) Rinsed out the oils whilst my hair was in the 4 sections and then shampooed with Crème of Natures ultra-moisturising shampoo twice and rinsed clean.







(3) I then applied Aphogee's 2 min reconstructor to my hair, placed a showercap on my head and left it in for 10 - 15 min and rinsed out.


(4) I wrapped my hair in an old t-shirt to soak up the excess water and thenapplied my Darcy’s Botanicals Sweet Cocoa bean moisturising whip to my hair, placed a shower cap on my head and wrapped a scarf round my head (I really need to invest in a heating cap or a steamer lol) I left this in my hair for just over an hour and rinsed it out.


 
- Although I like the Darcy Botanicals whip I’m still not 100% sure about it, the conditioner is abit too thick for me so I’m now on the lookout for something creamier.


(5) I wrapped my hair in another old T-shirt and left my hair to dry for about 20 mins then added my leave in, (ORS curls undefined) and braided my hair into 4 sections and left my hair to air dry overnight.


- I officially HATE ORS products (except their relaxer). When I woke up and undid my braids my hair was dry and crispy, it was like I had left my hair to air dry without any products in it. I had to rectify the problem with some JBCO pomade and grapeseed oil and re braid my hair.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...