Castor Oil Challenge.


- Castor oil provides many benefits for hair. Castor oil smooths the hair cuticle, adds moisture, makes hair more manageable and controls an oily scalp. For centuries, people created hair treatment out of the seeds of the castor plant, Ricinus communis, for hair growth, hair loss, dry hair and dandruff problems.

After cutting my damaged ends off I decided to try a castor oil challenge, I attempted this challenge a year ago but was unable to commit to it mainly because I found castor oil to be too thick and sticky, the smallest drop onto my scalp would somehow coat the strands of my hair leaving my hair feeling weighed down. However after reading up on the benefits of Castor oil I have decided to give it another go, this time I plan to mix my castor oil with another carrier oil and and essential oil and apply it to my scalp 3 times a week.

The oils I chose to mix with my Jamaican Black castor oil are Jojoba Oil and Eucalyptus oil, mixing the oils together makes applying the oil to my hair easier.




So far I have been applying the oils to my hair on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings and bunning my hair during the day. I hope to see some results soon which I will be documenting.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...