Sodium Chloride: The cause of my scalp issues

Over the past year or so I have been trying to get to the bottom of my itchy scalp problem, and no matter what products I tired I still couldn't seem to get my scalp to corporate.

I kind of gave up on trying to find a solution until a few months ago when I tried a new co wash cleanser, at the time I was trying to find a cheaper alternative to the Shea moisture co wash and I decided to try Pantene Pro-V Truly Natural Hair Co-Wash Conditioner when I initially used it my hair and scalp seemed fined however fast forward a few days and my scalp began to go crazy no amount of oil seemed to help.

After retracing my steps lol, I realised that it was the new co wash that was causing the problem, I googled some of the ingredients and one stood out sodium chloride which is the 10th ingredient.

Sodium chloride: better known as table salt, is used as a thickener in shampoos and conditioners containing sodium lauryl sulfate. It's a contributing factor to the eye irritation experienced with most shampoos, and it may also cause dry and itchy scalp. It may also cause hair loss. In shampoos containing ammonium-based surfactants, ammonium chloride is used instead. - Livestong.com

Now I keep a close eye on the Ingredients in my products just to avoid any future scalp problems.




1 comment:

  1. This is informative. To be honest, my scalp does itch, and although its not that bad, its weird when it itches just after shampooing. I should probably do the same and look at my ingredients.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...